Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vintage Dresser and Bed Set


I picked this vintage dresser and bed up at a yard sale in Sacramento.  

The set had been covered in a red enamel that was cracking and peeling in places.  I did not want to strip the entire surface, so I peeled off the red paint, in the places it was flaking off, and filled it in with wood filler.  After sanding the wood filler to level it, I was ready to start painting.


I did not get a before picture of the dresser, but I did snap a blurry picture, with my phone, half-way through painting the headboard.


I painted the drawers, top, and sides with Old Ochre Chalk Paint and the trim and knobs with Old White.  


I finished the little dresser with Annie Sloan's clear wax.


Look at the lovely, curved foot board on this bed!


I love the monochromatic combination of Old Ochre and Old White together.


This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

12 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

You did a beautiful job. What an awesome transformation. I would love for you to come and link this up to my Winter Blues Wednesday party going on right now. Hope to see you there.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

This vintage bedroom suite is so lovely. I really like the colors that you have chosen and the contrasts.

So pretty. Good job.

hugs
Sissie

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

I love the colors you chose and I love that bed >>OMGOODNESS the whole set is just FABULOUS !!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I love the combination of the colours. The bed is fab:)

Cynthia said...

Love the colors you chose. That bed is gorgeous.

Cynthia

The White Pear Tree said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Nicole

T. Emrich said...

I just did a bedroom set similar to this one a few weeks ago. (you can check it out on my blog if you like) Love how yours turned out...great job!

Daena from Bad Rabbit Vintage said...

I love everything about this! I'll have to try Old Ochre.

Dee said...

So pretty now. Love the color combination. Beautiful job. Dee from My Painted Stuff.

Stephanie said...

I have not used this color combo before but I LOVE it!!

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

How beautiful! Love the colors.

descargar whatsapp gratis said...

In the old days go war that sent this image was captured
descargar whatsapp para android , unblocked games at school very nice , free unblocked games 77 online to play , descargar whatsapp gratis , unblocked games 77 , unblocked games online ,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails