Friday, July 15, 2011

Vintage Cane Back Chairs in Old White

I just got home from the opening party for Loot!  I had so much fun, met so many wonderful people and made a few sales.  I even met one of my lovely, local blog followers!  Thanks for coming, Marsha :)  I will do another post after this weekend with more pictures of the shop.

In the meantime, I promised pictures of my vintage, Frenchy, cane back chairs, so here they are. To see my post about finding these chairs click here.


Just a reminder of what they looked like when I bought them:


 I know it took me a while to start working on these chairs.  I bought them in April and here it is July before I finished them!  I had to wait until I had enough money for my chalk paint order.  I did not want to sand and primer each chair.  Believe me, chairs are a lot of work!  During this project I kept saying, "I will never do chairs again!"  All the little parts make it really tedious to paint, but now that they are done....maybe I would try it again.


I painted the chairs with Chalk Paint in Old White.  I finished them with Fiddes & Sons clear wax and I like how the wax made the Old white creamier in color.  



I love how they look around Nancy's antique farm table at Loot!  


I bleached a drop cloth and reupholstered the seat cushions with it.  I was a bit worried because I did not want to do the welting cord (this project was time consuming enough already).  It worked out fine after I removed the mustard velvet and used my mom's amazing pneumatic staple gun to finish the job. No cording necessary!


I am lucky the caning on all the chairs is in such flawless condition.

 

Here is a picture the chairs in our front showroom at Loot.  


I will show you more pictures of Loot after this busy opening weekend!


This post is linked to:








24 comments:

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

The chairs are gorgeous! Great job!! They look excellant sitting around that table too.
Sherri

Deborah said...

Gorgeous Amanda!!!
Oh wish I could have been there to visit!!
Love those cane chairs...you do such an awesome job!!
Im so glad to hear youre loving your chalk paint...:)
THat shop looks like Id want to linger ...and linger some more!!!
So good to come and visit you..it always is!!

Deborah xoxox

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your chairs look absolutely gorgeous! I am working on six very similar chairs right now and am not enjoying it! Cane chairs are hard work! Your beautiful chairs will help motivate me to keep going!

Karen said...

I love those chairs, you did an amazing job on them and they look fabulous with that table. That looks like a great booth.

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

You mean,if you use Chalk paint you can just paint away with no sanding or priming? And it adheres to the wood? Be still my heart! I do a lot of chairs and all that prep-work is so time-consuming! I love these, btw. They are exactly what I would love in my dining room. The table too! Perfect pairing! You did a fantastic job on this redo! ~Leena~

Emily said...

OMG! Those chairs are absolutely adorable! You did a great job!

Decor & Harmony said...

The chairs look amazing they have such a classic style :)

Desiree said...

The chairs look great!! I recently did a chair in that style. I wish I could find a complete set for my dining room.

Tiff said...

Congrats on your shop! Those chairs looks so amazing! I love the colour and the fabric! Chairs are hard work, I know each time I do a set I say never again! But I think it is always worth it, yours so definately were worth the trouble! They look so fantastic! X

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Wow they look just gorgeous in your room love how you mixed the chairs that back in the day were prob pricey with just a wooden table just love your style!

Mona Kay Gorman said...

ooohhh, they're GORGEOUS!! I hope you think they are worth every second of effort. I had to do just ONE chair for a customer recently, & I kept saying "NEVER AGAIN" as well...but I probably will :)

Unknown said...

Amanda,
I always love your posts! Good luck with Loot. I'm sure it will be a big hit.
Kylie

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So gorgeous!! What fantastic chairs and they look wonderful with the rustic table!!! Thanks so much for sharing these at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Amy Chalmers said...

The chairs look terrific! My parents had a set like those and I hated them!! But now I have second thoughts...

pcb said...

Question...what did you do about waxing the chalk paint on the cane?

Anonymous said...

Now this is in actual fact cooperative. It’s very openhanded of you to share this with us.
thesandywoods.com/

Anonymous said...

The stuff in this blog is in not only incredible but also providing the great knowledge to the people. japbyg

Anonymous said...

Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily. Drew from wildfire production

Anonymous said...

I have spent a lot of the time in different blogs but this is really a unique blog for me. Farmhouse Dining Tables

Anonymous said...

If you really desire to get such type of information, visit this blog quickly. Cottage Furniture Collection

Anonymous said...

You have really selected the suitable topic; this is one of my favorite blogs. How to distress furniture

Anonymous said...

Hey lots of thanks for this blog! Loving info!! OAKFURNITURECOMPANY

Anonymous said...

You have done the very best job guys, after providing such awesome details. Thanks http://www.waremovals.com.au/interstate-removals/

Unknown said...

ugg boots on sale 70% off
off white outlet
nike requin pas cher
pandora charms outlet
christian louboutin shoes
hermes belt
true religion outlet store
ugg boots on sale 70% off
nike shoes
saics running shoes
www0820

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails