Monday, July 2, 2012

Emile Dresser


This simple, little dresser is another yard sale find.  It had faux wood grain contact paper stuck to the top.  The wood grain looked so real that I did not notice it was paper until I was just about to start painting.  I peeled it off and it left a very sticky residue in the center of the dresser.  I used Citra Solv on a rag and it dissolved all the old glue quickly.  I love using Citra Solv because it is natural and it works so well.  I use it all the time to remove stuck on labels, tape, etc. and it just softens and removes adhesives so easily.

Before

After
I did a two-color distress technique on this little dresser.  The base coat is Graphite Chalk Paint and the top coat is Emile.


Before I waxed this dresser, I used 220 grit sand paper to remove the top layer of paint and allow the Graphite to show through.  


I used the last of my vintage, bin pulls that I originally ordered for this desk and used on this other desk too.  I kept the original knobs for the small, top drawer.  We (as in Mr. Rubbish) spray painted all the hardware in oil rubbed bronze. Luckily, the bin pulls lined up with the previous hardware holes, so it was an easy swap.


After distressing the dresser all over, I applied clear and dark wax. Emile Chalk Paint turns into a beautiful, rich color with Annie Sloan dark wax over top of it.



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Decor & Harmony said...

I love this color! I think its time to restock my ASCP. Thanks for sharing :)

Vintage and Company said...

You did a super job! I have not used that color YET, but you are inspiring me to try it! :)

kyleesue said...

I really want this dresser. Do you think it would clash with my nightstands? I think I like the darker purple more than the light, but they are both beautiful!

Unknown said...

ugg boots on sale 70% off
off white outlet
nike requin pas cher
pandora charms outlet
christian louboutin shoes
hermes belt
true religion outlet store
ugg boots on sale 70% off
nike shoes
saics running shoes
www0820

reshea said...

Get More Information replica bags in china directory replica zara bags browse this site replica bags south africa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails