Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Pretty in Pink: Antoinette Armoire


While visiting family in Sacramento over the holidays, Mr. Rubbish and I found a whole bedroom set at the Salvation Army and we happened to be there the day that everything in the store was 50% off.  The set came with the armoire, a long dresser, two night stands and a king size headboard. I took the sticker off the set to take to the register and then started to doubt my decision for a moment.  I thought about all the  transport that was required to get this set back to Santa Cruz and then all the painting it would require once we got it there. Another customer must have sensed my hesitation because she came up to me and said she was in love with the set and if I did not buy it, she would.  Well, that provided me with all the motivation I needed and I took my ticket to the register.

My little sister just bought her first house, so I painted the long dresser to be used as a sideboard in her new living room.  I will show you how it turned out next time I visit her.  She likes having me come over because I love decorating for her. You may recall her bedroom redo I helped her start a while ago.


The finish on this bedroom set was some kind of hideous, green, faux finish from the 70's.  The details and solid construction are what make this set special.  My grandparents had a bedroom set with this same finish and I always remember thinking how pretty it would look painted. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to paint their set.  


I love the inside of this armoire with the little compartment shelves.  I kept the inside green because it is a great complement to the pink exterior.


Because of the lovely details and the petite scale, I thought this armoire would be perfect in a little girl's room.  This is the first time I have painted anything with Antoinette Chalk Paint and it sure is a pretty pink!


After two coats of Antoinette, I dry brushed Old White Chalk Paint over all the trim and hardware.


The hardware is gorgeous and really stands out against the pink.

I finished the armoire with a coat of Annie Sloan clear wax and buffed it to soft sheen.


 It is all ready for a princess bedroom!


This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

This turned out absolutely amazing!!!
Love Love Love it!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Gorgeous as usual!

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

fABULOUS IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT !!! Love it ................

Emily said...

Magnificent! Some little girl is going to be very lucky to have that in her room!

Decor & Harmony said...

Wow! I love the pink and the details, very nice transformation. Don't you just love Salvation Army!

Cynthia said...

OMG, this is gorgeous, I love the combination. The armoire has beautiful detailing.

Cynthia

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

This is ao beautiful!The details and hardware are wonderfully accented by the white paint against the wonderful pink! I love pink! If I lived closer, I'd snatch this up for my little grand baby Abigail. She loves pink too!
Take care, Hugs, Leena

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie said...

So gorgeous - good thing you didn't pass on it!!

MONICA LIVAS said...

What a beautiful piece and great job!

Deborah said...

Oh my...shabby chic love right here!
This is gorgeous Amanda! Love it!

All my heart,
Deborah xoxoox

Mylinda said...

On the desk did you use clear wax before you put the dark wax on.

tesay said...

see post replica bags buy online find out here high end replica bags visit the site high quality replica bags

Unknown said...

o9v87e4x03 p8p42o9p85 m9s20x4w83 p6t67j2r93 g6b19n2t19 g1a27q7r07

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails