Thursday, September 26, 2013

Florence Dresser

 
Florence is a fun, vibrant color and this plain dresser needed a little vibrancy in its boring life.

 
The existing hardware was not helping the situation. In my mind I pictured some kind of bin pulls with labels for the drawers.  Putting my vision into reality is often a challenge and the hardware search proved to be no exception.  I scoured ebay for days looking for the right pulls to dress up the drawers.  I finally found these amazing, vintage, ex-card catalog pulls for a fantastic price.  I patched the old knob holes and attached the new card catalog pulls, which added so much character to this previously drab piece of furniture.
 
 
I used a dry brush technique to apply the one coat of Florence Chalk Paint®, allowing the dark wood finish to show through the paint.  Then I used a damp cloth to wipe off extra paint along the edges, before it dried completely, leaving a naturally aged looking finish. 
 


I love the way the Florence looks with the vintage, brass pulls.  This was such a simple fix up, but it made a drastic difference. 


13 comments:

Burlap Luxe said...

Perfect in every way possible.
Inspiring and I leave inspired by your pieces.

Xx
Doré

Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces said...

I just love the color and the pulls were perfect! I'd love it if you'd link up to my new party: http://www.prodigalpieces.com/2013/09/its-party-time-whats-your-prodigal.html
Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces

Fiona, Lilyfield Life said...

Love it when a plan comes together. This is a beautiful transformation!

-Lisa said...

Isn't it wonderful when a minor change has major impact! This piece came out gorgeous.
Visiting via MMS Furniture Feature Friday.
Fondly-Lisa

Carol said...

So fantastic, thanks for the details on how you achieved this look! I think vintage casters would be so great on this piece! Love it!!

ChouChou vintage said...

Oooh that is a really lovely colour! Thanks, Jo at ChouChou Chateau

Ashley said...

This is amazing Amanda! I love the card catalog pulls! Love your blog too!

Anonymous said...

Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily. Drew from wildfire production

Anonymous said...

I have spent a lot of the time in different blogs but this is really a unique blog for me. Farmhouse Dining Tables

Anonymous said...

The stuff in this blog is in not only incredible but also providing the great knowledge to the people. Beach House Decorating

Anonymous said...

Big thanks to you for sharing such great information. Small Woodworking Projects

7885 said...

0727jejeugg boots
true religion outlet store
ugg boots clearance
fitflops sale
moncler online
moncler online
pandora
salomon
ugg boots
ed hardy clothing
christian louboutin shoes
mulberry uk
golden goose
michael kors outlet
off-white clothing
prada outlet
fitflops
polo ralph lauren outlet
tods outlet

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
www0820

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails