Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Arles Chalk Paint Buffet


One of my customers at Loot told me to keep an eye out for a buffet for her new home.  A couple weeks later, I found this long dresser at an estate sale and I though it would make a perfect buffet for my customer.

Before
 It is a solid maple piece with tons of drawers and storage space.  I figured that if my customer did not like it, it would be easy to paint it and sell it at the shop. I pictured this piece painted with Arles Chalk Paint and I was excited because I have not used this vibrant yellow color yet.  Coincidentally, when the customer came by to see her future buffet, she told Nancy that she would like it painted with Arles.  This dresser's fate was decided!

After
 After two coats of Arles, I used Annie Sloan's clear wax to protect the finish and the dark wax to antique it. I love the dark wax over the Arles Chalk Paint; it looks like a fine dijon mustard.


I had just enough oil rubbed bronze bin pulls in stock for all the drawers and I painted the existing knobs with Graphite Chalk Paint and a little dark wax to match the pulls.  I love the contrast of the dark hardware against the bright yellow.


I distressed all the edges lightly, before waxing and made sure the dark wax stuck in the grooves.


My customer was so excited when she picked up her new buffet and she told me that it was just what she had pictured in her head.


This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

11 comments:

Debbie said...

That is so beautiful! I would love to do that to my antique buffet. Are the pulls easy to find?

Laura said...

Beautiful!

Sherman Homes Construction said...

I love this Amanda!! For Debbie: You can find those cup pulls at ebuilderdirect.com

Unknown said...

Turned out just beautiful! Very rich looking.

Anonymous said...

Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily. Drew from wildfire production

Anonymous said...

I have spent a lot of the time in different blogs but this is really a unique blog for me. Farmhouse Dining Tables

Anonymous said...

If you really desire to get such type of information, visit this blog quickly. Cottage Furniture Collection

Anonymous said...

Big thanks to you for sharing such great information. Small Woodworking Projects

Sideboards and Buffets said...

One of my customers at Loot told me to keep an eye out for a buffet for her new home. A couple weeks later, I found this long dresser at an ... bsideboards.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
www0820

Anonymous said...

fear of god essentials
golden goose outlet
golden goose sneakers women
a bathing ape
golden goose outlet
bape
hermes sale online
golden goose shoes sale
jordan outlet
fear of god

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails