Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Provence Coffee Table


Now that Loot is a retail partner of Annie Sloan Chalk Pain and I have access to all 29 colors, I am excited to branch out and try the colors I have not used yet. This is the first time I have painted a project with Provence Chalk Paint and I love it!  


I found this beat up, old coffee table at my local thrift shop.  It was in bad shape with an orange finish that was completely worn and scratched all over.  

Mr. Rubbish has been so motivated to help me finish all my projects before I find new ones, that he keeps getting ahead of me (not that I am complaining).  He sanded off the finish on the tabletop before I could even get a good before picture. 


After Mr. Rubbish removed the old finish, I white washed the top of the coffee table by diluting Old White Chalk Paint with water.  I painted the thinned paint on and wiped it back. After I applied a coat of clear wax, I rubbed a heavy coat of  dark wax over it and wiped it back with a cloth. 


Since the bottom was in rough shape, I used random brush strokes, as I painted, to accentuate the rustic quality of the coffee table.


After distressing the table base all over, I applied clear, then dark wax over the Provence paint.



  Doesn't the Provence Chalk Paint look beautiful with a little dark wax?


I love the small, center drawer.  I think this coffee table looks like a simple farm table now.


This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.


20 comments:

Linda said...

Wow! Quite the transformation.

Cassie Bustamante said...

that looks fabulous! i love the color and the rustic top!

Artsy VaVa said...

Beautiful makeover! I love the color!!!

Anne said...

Really like the provence with the dark wax. I think this color combo looks perfect on this piece.
Anne

Natasha in Oz said...

Gosh, what a gorgeous colour! I think that shade would have to be my absolute most favourite colour! Great choice!

If you have a minute to spare my weekly Say G'Day linky party is in full swing and I would be so thrilled if you could join in and link up this wonderful post!

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Unknown said...

love this table and im definitly going to copy it for my living room. would it be ok if i feature it?
lauren

Decor & Harmony said...

very nice restyle you really gave it a spruce up :)

Stacey said...

Lovely transformation - must try that color Provence - it is stunning.
I would love if you came by to link this up to my party happening NOW! I would love to see you there!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

Michele said...

I love the combination you chose, also that the table has a drawer. You did a fabulous job.

Erin~Just*Grand said...

This is gorgeous! So glad I found your blog at French Country Cottage... I am your newest follower!

Prairie Scraps said...

Love it! Great job!

Heaven's Walk said...

I think I need some Provence in my life. Your table turned out just beautiful!!! :) Great job!

xoxo laurie

casalegno farm said...

I really like this....The mix of painted and rustic is awesome! I think something like this would work to get some more color in my living room.....thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Nice inspiration. I've been wanting to leave a top of a dresser alone... like you did. Love the combo of Provence and the natural color. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You guys present there are performing an excellent job. click here

Anonymous said...

Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily. Drew from wildfire production

Anonymous said...

These are the great blogs; I assure you that I really enjoyed a lot in reading. Rustic Furnishings

Anonymous said...

If you really desire to get such type of information, visit this blog quickly. Cottage Furniture Collection

Anonymous said...

The piece of writing has really allured me, nice try! Simple wood projects for the Beginner

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
www0820

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails