Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Red School Desk


I met a man at our local thrift shop and he told me he was selling off his mom's estate and that I could come shop before the sale.  I brought Nancy with me the next day and we bought a truckload of stuff.  He had two matching desks that he said we could have for free!  


I decided to paint my desk with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Emperor's Silk.  I wanted to transform this plain desk into a little red school desk.


I am not usually drawn to red, but Emperor's Silk is a pretty, vibrant color.  The desk has open grain and after one coat of Emperor's Silk I liked how I could still see the wood grains through it.  It looked like it already had dark wax over it, so after one coat of paint and some Annie Sloan clear wax, I was finished.  


I pictured the desk with some kind of bin pulls and I found a listing for thirteen, vintage, gold bin pulls on Etsy.  They were a great deal, so I ordered them and spray painted them oil rubbed bronze.  



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.  

13 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

so cute! i love the rustic red with that hardware!

Fiona, Lilyfield Life said...

Hi ! I just Have to say I love your blog so much. This desk is gorgeous!
I'm your newest follower. Drop by lilyfieldlife sometime.
Cheers Fiona

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I love this desk. The color, pulls, everything about it...it is perfect! What other goodies did you get from him???

Restyled Vintage said...

Lucky you, what a great score those desks were! I don't usually paint things red either but that desk is perfect in that colour :)

xx Karen

aarond said...

I have been painting some things too with the ASCP and love it. No prepping, Yay!!! I just joined your blog and hope you will stop by and join me to read about my farm girl life and much more.

Art and Sand said...

I am a red girl so I just love your desk. I just bought some ASCP and am going to change a little table from red to blue this weekend.

kyleesue said...

I LOVE the color!

Jen Gilday said...

Fun desk! I'm working on a similar project....got an old desk and am stripping the paint off (what a hassle!!). Soon it'll have a fresh coat of paint!!

Jen
athomeinthenorthwestblog.com

Candy said...

I love the red and the new hardware is PERFECT. Im now following you. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll follow back??? THANKS.
8-)

Anonymous said...

Hi to everybody, here everyone is sharing such knowledge, so it’s fastidious to see this site, and I used to visit this blog daily. Drew from wildfire production

Anonymous said...

These are the great blogs; I assure you that I really enjoyed a lot in reading. Rustic Furnishings

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
www0820

Unknown said...

g4y36n6t97 l1a53u4a83 i6m88o0s48 t6x83j8l94 n9o26i8a63 i8m00b8c78

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails