Thursday, November 8, 2012

Blue & White Striped Cabinet


I picked up this small cabinet from the same seller that I bought the Old Ochre hutch from at a community sale.


It was just a dull and homely cabinet with scratches all over its surface.




I painted it with one of my favorite Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors: Louis Blue.  Since this cabinet was so plain I decided to dress up the inside panels of the doors with Old White stripes to add some character.


I finished it by distressing all the edges and putting a Coco wash over the whole thing to create a soft, French blue.  I purchased several old, glass knobs at a barn sale and I used these to add a little more charm to an otherwise plain, little cabinet.


I am currently using this cabinet, along with the Old Ochre and Aubusson hutches, as part of my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint display at Loot.



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.


11 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love this one! i can see it as a changing table- so sweet!

Emily711 said...

I am OBSESSED with this hutch! I have been trying to think of something to do with my old dresser and this might be just the thing!

Emily
emilyp711.wordpress.com

Jeannie-JB said...

So So Pretty & Unique. Love your work.

Stephanie said...

Oh, I love this one! I've been wanting to do stripes on something but just haven't found the right piece yet.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

So much better looking now, Amanda! I've been on a stripe kick myself lately. It really is enough to dress up the doors in your piece, and I've used it on very plain furniture with no real detail or great lines to it. Love the blue and white, too!

Thomas Andrews said...

For Promoting and highlighting anything in the market, the best way is the pictorial form. The best way is the advertising medium. We are a leading brand in advertising agency and also having a vast experience in translation company

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

Love your blog and inspiration .. I am a new blogger so I love looking at wonderful blogs like yours.......... Stop by The Rusty Pearl if you get a chance....Happy Thanksgiving !!!!

casa Francesca said...

Semplicemente Stupendo!
Francesca

Rooms by Ann said...

Wow, Great Job, I ove the stripes.

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
www0820

Unknown said...

h5z70g1v83 h2p27y1q95 f5s87m3o82 v6p13g4k47 t8v08f0v21 p6e20t4t56

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails