Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Simple Ottoman


This small, vintage ottoman was salvaged from a local thrift shop.  


When I found it, it was upholstered with black, dirty leather.  The wood sides were even covered with leather and I pulled out excessive amounts of staples trying to remove the leather.


I found this simple, geometric patterned fabric at my local fabric shop.


The foam underneath the leather was in excellent condition, so I just stapled the new fabric to the top.  I painted the bench with two coats of Pure White Chalk Paint and then a coat of Annie Sloan clear wax.


It looks like a fresh, new piece now!



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

3 comments:

sheerserendipity said...

Your ottoman turned out great! I love the fabric you chose.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

What an amazing redo. They don't look like the same piece. The white paint fixed the legs, and great choice on the fabric.

Decor & Harmony said...

Great job :) You've given it new life, I just love getting your blog via email it's always filled with nice things to inspire others.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails