Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vintage Desk Redo


This small, vintage desk was found at a a yard sale and the only thing wrong with it was the padlock stuck on the bottom drawer pull.  Luckily, my landlord has a metal saw that he used to cut through the lock for me.


The desk is solidly built and has great detailing.


I used Country Gray Chalk Paint with Pure White trim on this desk, which was a simple fix.  


I have a degree in Biology and I love incorporating science into decorating.  I love the large, weathered science charts, test tubes, beakers, etc.  I have been wanting to create a science desk at Loot for a while and I am finally displaying some scientific paraphernalia on this little desk in a corner of the shop.



 I found this vintage, visible man at my auto mechanic's shop.  My mechanic is an avid yard saler too and I always look forward to seeing his new finds, when I take my car in for an oil change or tune up.


This is one of my favorite new items: a vintage light bulb bottle.  



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

9 comments:

Peggy said...

Great stuff - the desk turned out really beautifully!

Emily said...

I love the desk! And that light bulb bottle is so cool!

Jenni said...

Hi Amanda! I hope you are doing well! :)

Your desk turned out gorgeous! The color of chalk paint you used for it is perfect. :) And that is such a great idea to create a place to show all your science collectables! That little light bulb bottle is so cute, I have never seen one of those before! And I love the botanical prints as well! :)

I hope you have a good night, and a great Wednesday!

Blessings,
Jenni

CJ said...

Beautiful - love the colours. CJ

Our Hopeful Home said...

It's perfect! Love the colors, and so glad you got to display some of that science stuff!

Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article.
I wanted to write a little comment to support you.
Here is my webpage ... Trimmer machine

Anonymous said...

If you wish for to increase your experience just keep
visiting this web site and be updated with the hottest news update
posted here.
My web page :: funnymariogames

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarette, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette forum, electronic cigarette, electronic cigarette reviews

Anonymous said...

cheap golden goose
off white outlet
hermes outlet online
supreme new york
off white shoes
cheap birkin bag
off white jordan
palm angels outlet
hermes outlet
bape

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails