Friday, September 24, 2010

Vintage Picture Frame Makeovers

A constant, that always seems to show up for me, at yard sales, are vintage picture frames. I love taking them home, fixing them up and giving them a fresh start in life!

I found these two vintage frames with floral appliques in the corners. They were stained a dark brown and I knew they would be better white and a little shabby.

Before


After


This chunky vintage frame is one of my favorites. It started out brown and had a dated, linen border toward the center. I primered the whole thing, including the linen border and then painted it with flat black paint. I left the thin gold trim on the inside.

Before



After


I found these two large frames at a rummage sale for $1 each. The largest one was light colored with a linen border. The other one was dark brown with ornate corners that did not stand out with the dark brown stain. I primered them and painted the largest frame flat black and the other one white.

Before


After




I did not get a before picture of the next two vintage picture frames (darn it!). I wanted to include them anyway because I painted them the same creamy white, but I also used Ralph Lauren's glaze in smoke color over the white to give them a more aged look. The smaller frame is actually plastic (orange before painting) with a metal border on the inside. The larger one, with the wooden appliques, was stained a dark brown when I found it.



This post is linked to Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest.

6 comments:

David and Kelsie's Country Home... said...

They all look great, I especially love how the ones with the appliques turned out....I need to go hunting for some more for my house but alas no time just now.

Kelsie

Jenn said...

I love your blog Amanda!! You do such a great job! It makes me want to try to be more crafty...I don't have time for it now so until then I will just enjoy your blog! Send me your email and I will invite you to mine since its private! Love ya!

Deborah said...

So pretty..what a difference paint can make!
And I love the colour of your blog!!

Deborah :)

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet store, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci handbags, oakley vault, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, jordan shoes, burberry outlet online, ray ban outlet, nike air max, coach outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, red bottom shoes, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, christian louboutin shoes, nike free, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike shoes, prada handbags, tiffany jewelry, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada outlet, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online

oakleyses said...

north face pas cher, louis vuitton pas cher, nike roshe run, hollister, barbour, ralph lauren pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, vans pas cher, nike air force, abercrombie and fitch, nike trainers, louis vuitton uk, true religion outlet, mulberry, sac louis vuitton, ray ban pas cher, nike huarache, nike free pas cher, michael kors canada, hollister, timberland, longchamp pas cher, hermes pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, air max, nike blazer pas cher, longchamp, ray ban uk, lacoste pas cher, michael kors uk, chaussure louboutin, air max pas cher, nike free, sac michael kors, louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, ralph lauren, nike roshe, air jordan, true religion outlet, new balance pas cher, lululemon, oakley pas cher, guess pas cher, nike air max, scarpe hogan, tn pas cher, north face, true religion

oakleyses said...

babyliss pro, p90x workout, valentino shoes, canada goose pas cher, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, lululemon outlet, canada goose outlet, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, insanity workout, hollister, canada goose, jimmy choo shoes, ugg outlet, ugg boots, north face outlet, uggs outlet, ghd, asics shoes, marc jacobs outlet, giuseppe zanotti, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, reebok outlet, birkin bag, north face jackets, canada goose uk, celine handbags, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs on sale, ugg, moncler, mont blanc pens, roshe run, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, herve leger, beats headphones, moncler, ugg soldes, soccer jerseys, instyler ionic styler

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails