Monday, September 20, 2010

French Bow Wall Sconce

I found this vintage candle holder wall sconce for 75 cents. It was tarnished, brassy and in desperate need of a makeover, as you can see from this photo:


I love the slender, gracefulness of this wall sconce and, of course, the lovely "French Bow" on top. I mixed some of my turqouise acrylic paint with white to get a softer, robin's egg blue color. After the paint dried, I rubbed the edges with gold Rub 'N Buff. I think this soft blue looks really pretty with gold edges.




Here it is hanging on the wall (a little crooked...oops!) at the shop with some white, tapered candles. After its update, it is all ready to be loved again!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

You certainly brought such a softness to it..very pretty!
I love turquoise!!
Deborah :)

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Thanks Deborah!

Amaco said...

We love that you accented this with AMACO's Rub 'n Buff. The transformatio is great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails