Thursday, December 27, 2012

Graphite Buffet


A client brought this grand buffet to me to have it painted for her dining room in a new house she just bought.  It is such a beautiful piece of furniture with stunning details.


It may be hard to tell from the pictures, but this is a huge piece of furniture.  


This is not the best after picture because the lighting in the back room at Loot is not the best and there was no way to move this piece around to better lighting.


I painted the buffet with Graphite Chalk Paint and then distressed all the edges, so the wood underneath showed through.  I used Annie Sloan clear wax and then thinned the dark wax with mineral spirits to make a glaze that deepened the graphite.  The paint makes the details stand out and I love the way the dark paint contrasts with the brass hardware.



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

8 comments:

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

That is absolutely gorgeous...

Sherry at The Rusty Pearl said...

wowzer!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love love love (did) I say LOVE this .. You did an amazing job. Just beautiful

Restoration House Interiors said...

OMG! I love this piece! Wish you were closer...I NEED a new piece for my entry wall. This would fit quite nicely...how much for this one anyhow. Absolutely stunning! Great redo!

Restoration House Interiors said...

OMG! I love this piece! Wish you were closer...I NEED a new piece for my entry wall. This would fit quite nicely...how much for this one anyhow. Absolutely stunning! Great redo!

livinginmyhomeblogspot said...

Complimenti!!! E' bellissimo!!!
Piera

skok.na.szafe@gmail.com said...

beautiful !!! :) Ewa

Peggy~PJH Designs said...

Simply stunning! I love the idea of thinning the dark wax. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm a new follower.

Jeannette said...

Your site is wonderful. Concerning this buffet that you mixed dark wax and mineral spirits, can you tell me what ratio and how you applied it? Beautiful piece, as all of them are.
Thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails