Friday, September 17, 2010

Vintage Artichoke Lamp

I picked up this statuesque, artichoke lamp at a thrift store in Orange County while visiting my Aunt. I was shopping there awhile and when I got up to the register, they informed me that everything in the store was 50%! I could not believe it and immediately went back to continue shopping. This lamp had a $6 price tag, so it ended up being only $3. It was my lucky day!


This was an easy makeover because all I really had to do was primer and paint. Unfortunately, the lamp met with an unexpected accident while I was vacuuming my living room. I, inadvertently, sucked up the lamp cord with the vacuum attachment and, while trying to pull the cord out, I knocked it over on the hard floor cracking it in half. Luckily, I had some E600 glue in my tool box and was able to glue it back together almost as good as new. I painted it a creamy white with no distressing.






I had an extra lamp shade at the shop that I made for this lamp. The other lamp sold, but I had still had the shade, so It worked out perfectly.

1 comment:

Beca said...

I am a lamp lover. I'm always picking up lamps at yard sales and thrift shops. I have a whole collection of them in the garage. I love what you did with yours. It still looks good even after the accident.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails