Thursday, September 9, 2010

Stenciled Galvanized Tub

Stenciling can turn the ordinary object into something inspiring. I found a plain galvanized tub at a garage sale for 50 cents. As usual, I did not really have a plan for it when I bought it, but knew that something would come to me eventually.

I forgot to take a photo before it was painted, so here is a similar one.


I asked Mr. Rubbish to spray paint it white for me. He is really great with the spray paint - nice even coats and fast! Unfortunately, he up and quit as my spray painter without any notice. Apparently he does not like doing it even though he is really good at it. I do agree with his complaints of the spray going everywhere and it being bad for the environment, so I have been hand painting almost everything lately. This tub was one of the last items he sprayed for me before he took leave of his position.

Here is the tub with a nice and even, fresh coat of white paint.

I decided to make a stencil for the tub, so it would not be so plain. I printed some clipart and cut out the stencils with my exacto knife.


This is another great alternative storage solution. I think this tub would be perfect in a bathroom holding some towels.


Here is the tub holding one of my pillows in my space at Blessings Boutique.


This post is linked to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home and Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage. Please click on the links for more great ideas!



15 comments:

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

This is adorable! I can see this in the bath full of fluffy towels.

vignette design said...

Really cute! I want one of those. Like Sherry said, filled with towels in the bathroom!

Susan said...

So pretty!! I agree with Sherry. It would look awesome with nice fluffy towels!!

Cheryl said...

pretty tub redo. I like the stencil you chose.

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I am so glad I popped in for a bit earlier today - when I was on recess - because you have great ideas. I'm so in love with the bee tub. If I wasn't already married......I might marry that tub. (just kidding Worker Bee) I'm following you now!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl! I am super impressed. I love your chippy pots and your tub!

Anonymous said...

I've got a tub similiar to that in my laundry room. They hold my laundry detergents, but I never thought of stenciling them...hum.mm, I think I will! Visit me at Mel's Cabin and enjoy a cup of coffee with me.

Lynda said...

fill it w/ice...place some cokes in 6oz. bottles and have a party! cool idea...sorry your painter quit...

Anonymous said...

Ok I like the bee - printed clipart and an exacto knife, eh? It looks great!

care olders said...

أفضل طرق بالمعاملة يمكنكم الحصول عليها من خلال دار مسنين بالجيزة و الذي يقدم دار مسنين بالمهندسين أفضل خدمة علي مستوي المحافظات كلها حيث يحرص دار مسنين بالهرم نحو راحة العملاء .

للتواصل الآن عبر :-
http://www.careolder.com/%d8%af%d8%a7%d8%b1-%d8%b1%d8%b9%d8%a7%d9%8a%d8%a9-%d9%85%d8%b3%d9%86%d9%8a%d9%86-%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%ac%d9%8a%d8%b2%d8%a9-%d8%a7%d9%84%d9%85%d9%87%d9%86%d8%af%d8%b3%d9%8a%d9%86-%d9%87%d8%b1%d9%85/

maintenanceg said...

خدمات صيانة منزلية يقدمها لكم صيانة وايت وستنجهاوس المحترف و الذي يعد من أفضل المراكز علي مستوي المحافظات هو و مركز صيانة وايت ويل المتخصص و الذي يعتبر ذو كفاءة عالية .

للتواصل الآن عبر :-

http://www.maintenanceg.com/White-Wale-Center-Agent.html

http://www.maintenanceg.com/White-Westinghouse-Center-Agent.html

anti.insects7@gmail.com said...

تتمكن من خلال شركة ابادة الحشرات الحصول علي جميع انواع الخدمات التي يمكن من خلالها التميز في جميع انواع تقنيات الحماية حيث يتواجد لدي شركة مكافحة الحشرات في مصر الكثير من الخدمات المتنوعة
http://www.anti-insects.com/

3nod maka said...

تتمكن من خلال شركة ابادة حشرات القضاء التام علي جميع انواع الحشرات التي تاتي الي منزل بصورة صعبة كما تقوم من خلال شركة تنظيف سجاد بمكة الانهاء علي جميع انواع الاتساخات المتواجدة في منزل و يصبح نظيف تماما من اي اتساخات

lg said...

يسعي الكثير من العملاء الي استمرارية التعامل مع شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر و ذلك حتي تتمكن من خلالها اخلاء المكان تماما من جميع انواع الاتساخات كما تتمكن من خلال شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر الحصول علي خدمات متجددة و متطورة في ابادة الحشرات بشكل نهائي

Unknown said...

jordans
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
pandora charms
ugg boots
canada goose outlet
pandora outlet
nike factory outlet
longchamp bags
yeezy boost 350
www0820

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails