Thursday, June 7, 2012

Duck Egg Child's Armoire


I had this little armoire in my house and when we moved,  I no longer had a need for it, so I brought it to Loot to sell.


It is a simple, child's armoire from the 1950's. It was cute in white, but nobody bought it, so I decided to give it a Chalk Paint makeover.



I painted the base with Duck Egg and then made a wash with Coco Chalk Paint and water (50/50). I brushed the Coco wash over the Duck Egg paint and then wiped it back with a rag.  



I dry brushed Old White Chalk Paint over the pretty, wreath applique, allowing some of the Duck Egg to peak through, before applying the Coco wash.  When the wash was dry, I applied one coat of Annie Sloan clear wax and buffed to a soft sheen.


Here is the armoire from a distance.  It was one of the pieces we brought up to Goat Hill Fair.



The child's armoire sold at Loot right away with the new finish!  A woman and her young daughter came in and bought it for the daughter's bedroom.  




This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

7 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love that color! love teh applique- i am such a fan of those little wardrobes- too cute!

Danielle said...

This is just so sweet. Duck Egg Blue is my favorite ASPC shade. Lovely.

oops! said...

It is such cute piece! It surprises me that it wouldn't sell white, but I love blue too!

الرائع said...


شركة تنظيف بالخرج
شركة تنظيف بسيهات
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف بتبوك
شركة مكافحة حشرات بسيهات
شركة تنظيف بابها

الرائع said...

http://eltib.com/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%83%D8%B4%D9%81-%D8%AA%D8%B3%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%87-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B6/

telkahost said...

Download New Music

دانلود فول آلبوم
دانلود موزیک ویدیو
دانلود آهنگ شاد
دانلود آهنگ ترکیه ای
دانلود آلبوم جدید
دانلود فیلم جدید
دانلود آهنگ حصین ابلیس
دانلود آهنگ زد بازی
دانلود آهنگ مهدی احمدوند
دانلود آهنگ مرتضی پاشایی
دانلود آهنگ Armin 2afm
دانلود آهنگ محسن یگانه
دانلود رپ جدید
دانلود آهنگ خارجی
بیو گرافی خواننده ها
متن آهنگ
دانلود آهنگ یاس
دانلود آهنگ بهزاد لیتو
نحوه پخش آهنگ در رادیو جوان

افزایش فالوور واقعی اینستاگرام said...

Thank you very much

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails