Thursday, June 28, 2012

Duck Egg Blue Vanity


This gorgeous, vintage vanity came as part of set, along with two twin beds, a night stand and a dresser.  I decided to break up the set for a hair dresser that shops with us at Loot. All of her hair stations are vintage vanities and she had been looking everywhere for another vintage vanity with a mirror.  I sold her this one and custom painted it for her.


I actually forgot to take a before picture of the vanity, but here is a before of the night stand from the set.


Here is the vanity with the mirror after I painted it.


I painted the vanity with Duck Egg Chalk Paint and Old White on the trim.


After I clear waxed this piece I mixed some Coco Chalk Paint with clear wax to make a colored wax.  I applied this over the paint.  I love using Coco as a wash or in wax because it is so subtle, but definitely adds some depth.


I painted the rest of the set Paris Gray and White.  I am waiting for a small piece that I need to order from a woodworker to repair the dresser, so I will be revealing the set soon!


I painted over all the hardware with Duck Egg and then waxed them with the Coco colored wax too.  I finished up by lightly distressing all over.  


It is hard to tell in the pictures, but the Coco wax did a great job of adding an aged patina, especially to the white trim.


This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love this vanity it is so pretty. The colors are fantastic. Love them. I am following you via email. I hope you follow me via Linky or email.

Kimberly said...

You do beautiful work, and have great vision for what a piece can become.

Sayuri said...

I love this vanity!
The colour, the shape, it's so pretty.
I'm visintg from Miss Mustard seed's FFF.
Great job!!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love the colors and love the white details!

Unknown said...

Wow - gorgeous!!!
Your newest follower - would love to have you come by and follow back!
Hugs,
Suzan

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful. Loved how you picked out the details with the white.

Scribbler said...

Great job -- and I bet that hairdresser's salon is a great place to go. After all, she likes what we do!

The White Pear Tree said...

This is absolutely lovely! Great colour choice!

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
w0w0820

smoshet said...

use this link more info here he has a good point click to investigate read here click to read more

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails