Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Vintage Chair and Frame Chalk Paint Transformations


I bought this cute, vintage chair and ornate frame from an estate sale recently.  


The chair had a very dark stain and the seat was upholstered in black leather.  It looked like it had never been used. Although it was in perfect condition, it still needed an updated look.


I chose the Duck Egg Blue chalk paint for a complete transformation.  I love the little cutouts on the back of this chair and the shape of the legs.  The Duck Egg Blue really brings out this chair's best features!


I went to the local fabric store and I could not find any fabric I liked with the Duck Egg Blue.  I wanted the chair to be the focus, so I didn't want anything too bold or busy.  Nancy suggested that I just use burlap.  I was not sure at first, but after I got the whole chair put together I was convinced that was the right fabric choice and the chair sold the first day of our sale.


 I love large oval frames and this one has beautiful detailing.  It has chips and hairline cracks, but I think it adds to the chippy charm.


I painted it in Country Gray Chalk Paint with dark and clear waxes.  I sanded it to allow some of the gold to show through.


This large, ornate frame would be perfect as a chalkboard, but it also looks great as it is. 

This frame is for sale in my etsy shop!




This post is linked to the fabulous parties in my sidebar.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I effin' love that chair! I cannot believe the transformation! I can see why it sold so quickly. I love the frame, too! I will have to check it out in your etsy shop. :)

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Wonderful transformations! I love chairs, I'm a chair-o-holic, and ones that have carved and cut-out details are always so great to paint and distress! I also love frames and this one if so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing - you always have the best posts! Hugs, Leena

Deborah said...

Love them both and their detailing!
The duck egg blue is fantastic...I have yet to open that can of mine!
Have a great day Amanda!!

Deborah xoxo

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I just got some of the duck egg and I love it! That really is the perfect color for the chair and definitely the burlap was a great choice! Love that frame!!

Tina said...

Hi. I just found your gorgeous blog through the beautiful Jenni at Beautiful Nest. I LOVE both of these gorgeous projects, especially the chair...such a gorgeous colour! I can't wait to catch up on your other posts! Wishing you a lovely week ahead :)

Chalk Paint Ideas said...

Hi! I found your blog while searching for other chalk painted frames (I just finished painting a pink frame for my 3 year old's room). I really like the desk you pictured, the white with the blue handles tied in with the blue chair...really great look. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails