Friday, September 2, 2011

Pair of Paris Gray Side Tables


I picked up these matching side tables at a local thrift shop on their half-off day.  They were rather plain and boring, but the price was right and I figured I could do something to make them more appealing.  


I decided on two-toned paint for this pair.  I used Paris Gray and Old White Chalk Paint, but the tables still looked too plain and boring to me.


In order to create some character for these plain Janes, I decided to add a design to the drawers and bottom part of the tables.  I found a simple, flower stencil at the craft store that fit on the drawers perfectly.


Now the Plain Janes are not so plain!



This post is linked to the parties in my sidebar.


14 comments:

Mona Kay Gorman said...

Love, love, love the painted detail!! So pretty!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Wow! That little stencil made all the difference. They are so cute now!

Emily said...

They are so cute! I bet they will sell this weekend!

Peggy said...

They turned out beautifully - thanks for the inspiration! :)
Peg

raggygirlvintage said...

Very cool, love the stencil detail!!
Tracey

Our Hopeful Home said...

So pretty, absolutely love them! You really lucked out finding that stencil (perfect)!

xoxo
Kathleen

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

These former plain janes are ready to be the belles of the ball! Great job! Hugs, Leena

Anonymous said...

They look just darling! The stencil just makes it, I think!

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Okay... you are so creative! I love that you took these boring tables, and not only painted them, but made them absolutely adorable! Great job!!

Decor & Harmony said...

You gave them life again! Great combination of colors and pizzazz.

Grateful Gramma said...

Lovely!

Heaven's Walk said...

That stenciling really added a special sweetness to those tables! Luv that idea! :)

xoxo laurie

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Amanda,
These look really pretty with the added details...hop over nd share them at NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY...hope to see them there:)

Blessings,
Linda

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Well, look how pretty they are! Great job!! Found you via Coastal Charm. Tootles, Kathryn
http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/little-goodwill-finds.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails