Monday, September 12, 2011

Beachy, Chippy, Chalk Paint Table


Last Friday I found an estate sale on Craigslist that sounded perfect, but Craigslist ads can be deceiving and you never know until you see it in person.  I have been to plenty of "estate sales" that turned out to be just plain old garage sales.  This one was the real deal!  I went Friday morning and spent at least an hour looking through the house and patio and the best part was that I was the only shopper there the whole time!  I got to take my time and I got great deals!  I found a lot of amazing pieces including this vintage, handmade patio table, that looks right at home inside now.


I was not sure what to do with it when I bought it, but I liked the style and the price.  It was stained with that typical, red, picnic table finish on top.


The legs had some kind of old stain on them that was chippy and peeling off in places.



I decided to take advantage of the weathered wood and existing finish by lightly dry brushing the Chalk Paint on, allowing all the lovely chippy parts and red paint to show through in places.


I dry brushed duck egg blue Chalk Paint on the top, which reminds me of an old shutter now.


For the legs, I used Old White Chalk Paint.  Look at the lovely chippy finish on the legs!



The Chalk Paint looks like the original, weathered paint.  I am so pleased with how it turned out and my only regret, which I hate to admit, is that I did not buy the matching larger version of this table.  At the time, I did not know that it was going to look this good, so I just bought the small one.  I am kicking myself because the larger one was a perfect coffee table size.  I went back on Saturday, but it was already sold. I am so disappointed... at least I have this little one to console me.


This post is linked to the parties in my sidebar.  

32 comments:

Unknown said...

very cute table. i love the rustic feel to it!

Tardevil said...

Nice find! Looks really good painted, too! Don't you HATE when an item you go back to purchase, isn't there?

A Few Pennies said...

Love the color! I recently bought an old sewing machine cabinet that was gutted--and I want to paint it similar to this color now that I've seen it--beautiful.

Unknown said...

It looks great Amanda. You'd never know it was one of those reddish brown tables looking at the after photo. It is definately beachy looking. Love it.
Kylie x

Emily said...

LOVE it! I hate when I regret not buying things! Oh well, you got this one, and it's a beauty!

Our Hopeful Home said...

What a fantastic Club G.W. find! It's so funny to hear you say "I'm kicking myself." I certainly know the feeling and I say that all the time! Great job!

xoxo
Kathleen

Deborah said...

Amanda this is sweet!
I love the colours you chose (those are two of the colours Ive ordered for my chalk paint!)
It does really look like a shutter on top!
So sorry that you didnt get the other one, but yes, this gorgeous one will console you..lol
You did a marvelous job and love your colour choices hunny!
Have a great week!
Hugs!

Deborah xoxo

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Adorable table! I love the style and the weathered beachy feel! Great re-do! ~Leena~

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

Love this cute beachy table! Great Job!

Fishtail Cottage said...

love the feeling the table brings to the mood of the room! xoxo

Revi said...

Hi Amanda, Glad to find you! It's my first visit, and I will be back soon, since I'm now a follower!
-Revi

Renee said...

What a fantastic job you did! I'm thinking that I have to get some duck egg blue for my next project!

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

Wow! That really is a transformation. Can you let me know what type of paint exactly you used on that? New follower:)
thx - Dee

Unknown said...

You had me at chippy!! Awesome!!

Unknown said...

Amazing transformation! You would never know what the "before" was. LOVE it!
Visiting from WW today.
Roselle

Donna @ Snowbound said...

Cute makeover. Love the color.

Cassie Bustamante said...

that finish is awesome! it suits that table perfectly!

Howsewears said...

I HATE kicking myself! I had to do that last week. I was at a yard sale where they were selling dried gourds. Yup. Already dried and ready to be cleaned and painted. No waiting for months to hear that characteristic rattle, indicating that they're ready for crafting. So, I bought three. Yup. Just three. For $1 a piece. You read that right. $1 a piece. The next day, I realized my stupidity and drowned myself in ice cream.
Fondly, Tami
www.thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Wow! It turned out great!

Happy WW,
Judy

Heaven's Walk said...

Gorgeous! Luv the chips, distressing, and the color is just fabulous! Great job! It looks very beachy! :)

xoxo laurie

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

I love it! I didn't see the potential in it at the beginning like you did...it looks so sweet now!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

What a makeover...looks beautiful!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Just lovely-thanks for sharing!

Kerrie Lightfoot said...

Wow. Love it. I'm a new fan!

Perchance_to_Dream86 said...

I absolutely adore this! Wish I could find one like it to redo. You did a beautiful job! :)

Honey at 2805 said...

I adore this! Your love and attentions certain shows! What a lucky table! I would be delighted if you would link this to Potpourri Friday and Giveaway!!

the decorating chica said...

Very cool transformation!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

It's absolutely adorable~ love how it came out! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

Debra@CommonGround said...

wow, this turned out wonderfully, I would have never know that it was originally so "picnic-y". You did a great job, love the color. Thanks for linking up with VIF. xo

MiniBinoy said...

wow i luv tat rustic luk of your coffee table amanda:)..

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
www0820

Apartment On Rent said...

I got a lot of information by reading your blog, thank you for giving such a good information. ApartmentOnRent.com, are ready to help you find the best and the cheap flat, as per your demands.


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails