I found this antique piano bench at a yard sale for only $3. Unfortunately, I forgot to take before pictures. When I found the bench, it had a dark reddish brown stain and a dirty needlepoint cushion cover. One of the sides had a crack in it too. My handy dad repaired the crack with a little wood glue and a long pony clamp.
I painted the bench with Old White Chalk Paint and applied clear and dark wax over the paint. When I started to paint the first coat of Chalk Paint, the original finish came off and was turning my brush pink. I had to stop and use primer before finishing it with Chalk Paint. I left the little brass feet as they were.
The original foam on the seat was old and disintegrating so much that when I first lifted the seat up, the storage compartment was filled with orange powder. I bought new foam and reupholstered the seat with fancy, Paris script fabric.
This is one of my items that sold at Loot this past weekend!
This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.