Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Antique Piano Bench


I found this antique piano bench at a yard sale for only $3.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take before pictures.  When I found the bench, it had a dark reddish brown stain and a dirty needlepoint cushion cover.  One of the sides had a crack in it too.  My handy dad repaired the crack with a little wood glue and a long pony clamp.


I painted the bench with Old White Chalk Paint and applied clear and dark wax over the paint. When I started to paint the first coat of Chalk Paint, the original finish came off and was turning my brush pink.  I had to stop and use primer before finishing it with Chalk Paint. I left the little brass feet as they were.  


The original foam on the seat was old and disintegrating so much that when I first lifted the seat up, the storage compartment was filled with orange powder. I bought new foam and reupholstered the seat with fancy, Paris script fabric.  

This is one of my items that sold at Loot this past weekend!


This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Amanda - it's gorgeous!!! I love the script fabric. Glad to hear Loot is going well. Wish I could visit.
Cheers
Kylie

Our Hopeful Home said...

Well, no wonder it sold! It's fabulous! Love the French script fabric, it's yummy. I've been looking for a piano bench for a while, what a great find and even greater transformation. And only $3.00? Shut up! So Club G.W. is calling you, Amanda.........hope to see you there!

xoxo
Kathleen

Emily said...

I love it! We just got a piano for the boys' room, so now we need a bench! Too bad you sold this one, but I can see why! It's beautiful!

Jenni said...

The piano bench is darling! I am not at all surprised it sold already. :) You have got the magic touch with furniture, Amanda!

I hope you have a lovely Tuesday! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

MiniBinoy said...

wow! amanda that bench is indeed a beauty!.. hv fallen in luv with your french script fabric!:)

Anonymous said...

wow this is just gorgeous. i have never heard of chalk paint in Australia, does it have a different texture to normal paint, sounds lovely. love the material too

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Turned out beautiful!!!

Charlotte said...

Absolutely beautiful! Would you mind sharing where you got the fabric? I LOVE it!

Mona Kay Gorman said...

Where, oh where did you get Paris scrpt fabric?? I am infatuated!!! The bench is just beyond gorgeous!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love the transformation, and the price. Nicely done.

Our Hopeful Home said...

You know I love this! Thanks, Amanda, for linking up over at Tuesday's Club G.W. with Charm Bracelet Diva! Love to see you there! Have a great weekend.

xoxo
Kathleen

Tami / Maddie Lumpkin said...

This is great. Love,love,love it!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Now that is a trash to treasure! Sounds like it was pretty horrible when you bought it, but now it is a really gorgeous piece!!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

It's perfect! Love that script fabric.

Sandi said...

LOVE IT!!
xoxo

Katherines Corner said...

Love it!! when can you bring it by, giggle. Love the title of your lovely blog too.I hopped over from the feathered nest hop and so happy I did. Hugs!

savvycityfarmer said...

... of COURSE it sold!!!

how could it not

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Isn't it sad to see them go! I think restoring furniture is like raising a kid. You work so hard and go through so much trouble to get it to turn out right and then it goes off and marries to another family. I'll still keep doing it though:)

cmacias925 said...

Can you tell me the color chalk paint you used? Love it!

cmacias925 said...

Can you tell me the color chalk paint you used? Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails