Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pair of Palomas


On Easter, I walked to the beach and on the way home stopped in a a little, vintage shop.  The owner told me that everything was twenty percent off for Easter.  When I asked him about the pair of night stands in the front room, he told me I could take thirty percent off those!  Since the price was already good and I was getting an additional thirty percent off, I walked home, got my truck and loaded my new night stands.


I love finding pairs of night stands, especially since I usually only find a single and everyone is looking for a pair.  These are very sturdy and the stamp on the back says solid maple.  


I have been trying to use new colors of Chalk Paint, so even though I was tempted to paint this pair white or gray, I went with a color I haven't used yet: Paloma.  Paloma is a soft, lavender with gray undertones and very pretty. Lately, I  have been hearing that lavender is the new pink!


I trimmed the drawers and base with Old White, so they would not be so plain.


I really wanted crystal knobs, but I did not want to wait for them to be shipped.  While I was looking around the shop for knobs that would work for these night stands, I came across a bag full of these bright gold, flower knobs that Nancy had picked up at a yard sale.  I thought they would be perfect after a coat of Old White Chalk Paint.


I patched the old drawer pull holes before painting and then Mr. Rubbish drilled new holes in the center of each drawer after I painted them.


Paloma is the perfect color for spring!


I distressed along all the edges, bottoms, and tops of the nightstands.


They even look cute from the side!



This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.


9 comments:

Decor & Harmony said...

Love Paloma! I've been trying to decide on a new color from ASCP I've only bought the "safe choices" but maybe I should branch out a bit. Have a great weekend.

Pattie @ On Hollyhock Farm said...

Hi, I found your blog so informative and interesting that I have nominated it for the Versatile Blogger Award. Please check it out on my post, http://myblog-bratti.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html
Pattie

Anne said...

I was taken by the name of your blog shown on Fiona's sidebar and am glad I visited! I love those side tables and i'd never considered painting knobs though i paint everything else with chalk paint! I'll add your blog to my sidebar to stay apprised of more good stuff...

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Love this color -- it's just perfect and especially with the white trim and distressing. They have such great lines and were just waiting for this makeover!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

these are too sweet and pretty! i love the new knobs!

kathryn cain said...

Tell me how they sold...I have a little shaker style table...and thinking paloma and dark stain on the table top....hmmmm with a little graphic....PS I love round numbers so you were at a 89 I rounded you out to a 90...

oakleyses said...

coach purses, louis vuitton handbags, kate spade outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet store, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci handbags, oakley vault, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, tiffany and co jewelry, jordan shoes, burberry outlet online, ray ban outlet, nike air max, coach outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, kate spade handbags, red bottom shoes, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, christian louboutin shoes, nike free, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, nike shoes, prada handbags, tiffany jewelry, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet online, prada outlet, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online

oakleyses said...

north face pas cher, louis vuitton pas cher, nike roshe run, hollister, barbour, ralph lauren pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, vans pas cher, nike air force, abercrombie and fitch, nike trainers, louis vuitton uk, true religion outlet, mulberry, sac louis vuitton, ray ban pas cher, nike huarache, nike free pas cher, michael kors canada, hollister, timberland, longchamp pas cher, hermes pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, air max, nike blazer pas cher, longchamp, ray ban uk, lacoste pas cher, michael kors uk, chaussure louboutin, air max pas cher, nike free, sac michael kors, louis vuitton, burberry pas cher, ralph lauren, nike roshe, air jordan, true religion outlet, new balance pas cher, lululemon, oakley pas cher, guess pas cher, nike air max, scarpe hogan, tn pas cher, north face, true religion

oakleyses said...

babyliss pro, p90x workout, valentino shoes, canada goose pas cher, rolex watches, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, mcm handbags, lululemon outlet, canada goose outlet, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, bottega veneta, wedding dresses, insanity workout, hollister, canada goose, jimmy choo shoes, ugg outlet, ugg boots, north face outlet, uggs outlet, ghd, asics shoes, marc jacobs outlet, giuseppe zanotti, ferragamo shoes, longchamp, reebok outlet, birkin bag, north face jackets, canada goose uk, celine handbags, vans outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs on sale, ugg, moncler, mont blanc pens, roshe run, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, mac cosmetics, chi flat iron, herve leger, beats headphones, moncler, ugg soldes, soccer jerseys, instyler ionic styler

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails