Friday, April 20, 2012

Paris Gray and Old White Mirror


My parents rehab houses and they are always finding junk left behind in the rehab houses.  They pulled this large, gold mirror out of one of their rehabs and saved it for me.  My parents are great at fixing up old, run-down properties and they have done this since I was very young. They have always inspired me to see beyond the broken down facade.


The mirror was dusty and gold with raised grape vine designs.


I painted the mirror with Paris Gray Chalk Paint and then dry brushed the corners and edges with Old White.



I applied clear wax over the entire frame and then blended in dark wax for an antiqued look.


I have not used Paris Gray for a while, but after painting this mirror I am reminded what a pretty hue it is.  I am planning on using it again soon on an old dresser waiting for a little relove.



9 comments:

Our Hopeful Home said...

Love the mirror and love your transformation! I have Paris Gray and should be using it more myself. Love the dry brushed white. Any dry brushing tips for a novice like me?

Kathleen

Vintage Gal said...

Love the mirror ~ wow the Paris Gray looks stunning ;-)

Cherub Cottage said...

Love the mirror, the grey looks awesome....I have three mirrors to paint myself...Any tips?

Jeanine said...

Gorgeous!

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Fantastic redo! I love the colors and you'd never believe that there were grapes on there (I don't do fruit) LOL! People get rid of the best things, don't they? Hugs, Leena

Deborah said...

As usual....stunning!
Love this Amanda!
Hugs!

Deborah xoxoxoxoxo

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

It looks absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

jordans
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
pandora charms
ugg boots
canada goose outlet
pandora outlet
nike factory outlet
longchamp bags
yeezy boost 350
www08200

Deborah said...

Hello Amanda!!!!
Here I am checking out some of Annies techniques and colours etc and I see this mirror chalk-painted on pinterest and its so gorgeous! It led me back to here and I see you! Its been quite a while..so nice to see your lovely face and as always see the beauty you create. Id love to try these colours on a few things. Was it difficult? Im not sure what "dry brushing" is?
Big warm hugs to you!!!!

All my heart,
Deborah xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails