Monday, November 1, 2010

Shabby Chic Letter Holder

I could definitely use a letter organizer. The problem is I have no room for one and, therefore, am destined for unorganized stacks of mail around my house. I found this lovely, shabby letter holder at a yard sale for a couple of dollars. It was dusty, dirty and in need of a new coat of paint and that was all it needed. I love easy projects! It has graceful lines and scrolling wooden appliques on top and on the bottom drawer.

Here it is looking dingy before I repainted it.



....and after



I dream of having a library someday and reading and writing letters by candlelight at my desk which will be adorned with a charming letter organizer.



2 comments:

High Street Cottage said...

It's beautiful. I know what you mean about organizing. We have a wall hung letter organizer waiting for a re finish, it was a yard sale find as well. I'm overwhelmed with projects. I love yours though it's very shabby chic, and sits nicely on a desk. The details are so pretty.

Sheila said...

That's a great find! Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting. I really appreciate it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails