Monday, May 16, 2011

Two-Toned Pedestal Tables


I found two similar pedestal, side tables at a garage sale for $8 each.  They are actually identical except that one has a round top and the other a square.  The original finish was orange and dated, but I had to get them because I loved their shape and pedestal bases, not to mention their sturdy, solid construction.


I started by removing the old finish with my palm sander.


Once I thoroughly removed the old stain, I painted the pedestal bases with a coat of primer.  


I painted the table legs and base with my new favorite, creamy, white paint: Linen White by Behr.  I got lucky because I discovered this color in the "oops" pile at Home Depot.  After painting and distressing the table bases, I applied two coats of Minwax Dark Walnut stain to the tabletops.


All the items I used on the tabletops are from yard sales.


I purchased these lovely, antique bottles at a yard sale for $1 each. I got the vintage crock, in the background, for $2.


This bottle is my favorite; I just adore the shape of it!



The round table:




I picked up this vintage, crystal lamp at an estate sale last week for $2!  Do you remember when I recovered this lamp shade?  I made it to sell in the shop, but I ended up keeping it because I loved it too much.  Now I am glad I held onto it because it looks perfect with my new crystal lamp!



This post is linked to:







19 comments:

Unknown said...

oooo I really like what you did here! I looks great :)

~Pam~ said...

Everything looks so nice! :-)

Emily said...

Great color choices! I love it! I also love the little bottles and the crystal lamp. What great finds!

Renee {Shabby, Chic and Charming} said...

You are so amazing with furniture! LOVE these tables!!

Sandy said...

Sweetness.... great job... good deals on the tables...greatness with your hard work...love the dark tops....all is fantastic... Love 'em.

xoso Sandy O
Yeah...rain rain...what's with this rain????

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

These look fabulous! What a difference a new stain and coat of paint can make! You've inspired me to get to work on my many projects first thing in the morning! Take care, Leena

Tiff said...

Oh wow! They look amazing! You have done an awesome job! I adore those pictures with the bottles and blooms too! They are devine! X

High Street Cottage said...

Amanda, the tables look wonderful. And those are not easy to paint, lots of grooves. I love the way you topped it too, the bottles are so pretty and the shade, well, I love your shades.

MiniBinoy said...

cool cool coollll!!! loving all that you have shown here!! esp: the bottles, and the tables!! wow!!not to mention your crystal table lamp!!you are soo talented Amanda!!hugs, mini

Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky said...

I love two toned pieces! And yours always come out so rich and beautiful looking.
Thanks for sharing..

Cassie Bustamante said...

those are beautiful! love how you have them staged!

Decor & Harmony said...

Great staging and decor! Love the tables :)

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Such sweet tables and love how you have set them up for your photos! Would love for you to come share these at Feathered Nest Friday :)

Allison@FabRehab said...

Oh my...those are beautiful!! Nice job!

ritajoy said...

I LOVE these sweet furniture pieces!! And thanks for showing us the whole process...Now I'm tempted to give it a whirl, too!

casalegno farm said...

wow, woW WOW!!! you are one talented lady! beautiful tables and great photos too!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi there~ Just stopping back by to say thank you for sharing these little treasures at FNF~ hope you come share again soon! :)

Shelley said...

Oh my goodness. I found the same set of side tables at a yard sale last week. I only bought the round top one and now wish I bought both. I would have probably gotten them for the same price as you did. I bought a bunch of stuff and they may have been even cheaper. Darn! I should've bought both. I am planning on doing the same style (dark stained top with white distressed legs) as you did. Your beautiful work confirms that I am going to do it that way. Thanks so much for sharing!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love these tables!! The square one if my favorite, just because it's different than what you usually see. You have found some great treasures, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails