Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mid-Week Design Inspiration: Grain Sack Upholstery Love


www.fullbloomcottage.blogspot.com
I love the sense of rustic elegance that grain sacks invoke.  The beautiful texture, timeless simplicity, and durable construction make them appealing fabric for upholstery.

This classic, blue-striped, grain sack complements the worn, gray finish and beautiful lines of this French country chair.

www.veneerdesigns.com

This gorgeous settee is from my favorite boutique in Santa Cruz, Saffron and Genevieve.  Scarlett, the owner, has amazing taste and her shop is full of beautiful antiques and interesting, unique items.  Click on the link above to check out her inspiring shop and if you are ever in the the area, you have to stop by in person.

http://saffronandgenevieve.com/wordpress2/

This room, featuring a chair upholstered in an antique grain sack, is so warm and inviting.

www.countryhome.com

I really like the antique grain sacks with faded, stenciled numbers and letters too.

www.countryliving.com


www.laylagrace.com

www.luxehf.com

Look at the slubby texture of the homespun, linen, grain sack used to upholster this simple side chair.

www.theswedishfurniture.com
Something about the authentic quality of the old, grain sack fabric, makes me feel at home.


15 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Amanda, Thanks for viewing these delicious sights. They were all new to me.

Unknown said...

Amanda, what great photos love every one of them...

Pattie

stefanie said...

soooo pretty!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Amanda! I love these too and several of the pictures are saved in my favorite files. Thanks for sharing.
xo,
Sherry

Deborah said...

Amanda I also adore how these grain sacks are so beautiful for furniture!
They look so comfy too :)
Simply gorgeous!!
xo

Deborah xoxo

Renee {Shabby, Chic and Charming} said...

I so love grain sacks. Thanks for the great pics!

eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

Great pics of wonderful chairs. I love the look. thanks for sharing.

Jenni said...

Ooh, I am in grain sack heaven looking at all of these pictures! Those are some gorgeous pieces! I also loved the first picture, with all of the beautiful pillows! ;)

I hope you had a fun weekend! :)

Blessings,
Jenni

Heaven's Walk said...

You totally had me at "grain sack", Amanda! Oh my goodness! I'll be the first to admit.....I am a total grain sack addict. I love the nubby texture, the faded stripes, and everything you can do with them. Let me know if you know someplace in the U.S. where I can purchase some more! The only ones I've found are overseas and shipping is outrageous. :)

xoxo laurie

Tiff said...

Those grain sacks are so gorgeous... All of them! I just bought one but am not sure what I will do with it... It is hard to cut it up! X

Carrie @ Fine & Handy said...

Ohhhh, you have a cute blog here! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. I LoVE it when I find great blogs through comments. I am your newest follower and I can't wait to see more. Have a great week!
fineandhandy.blogspot.com

Cecilia said...

I so love everything on your blog and have just started following you, hope you will follow my blog too!
Cecilia

Unknown said...

ralph lauren uk
coach outlet
michael kors outlet
ralph lauren uk
true religion jeans
ray ban eyeglasses
louboutin shoes
jordans
off white clothing brand
coach outlet
www0820

yanmaneee said...

coach factory outlet
air max 95
air max 2019
air max
air max 97
golden goose
chrome hearts
lebron shoes
golden goose sneakers
adidas tubular

Anonymous said...

cheap golden goose
off white outlet
hermes outlet online
supreme new york
off white shoes
cheap birkin bag
off white jordan
palm angels outlet
hermes outlet
bape

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails