Nancy had this chair for a long time and I offered to reupholster it for her. It had been sitting in the corner of Loot, since we opened with just the stuffing, since she had removed the previous fabric. I love the lines of this French chair with the round back and curved legs. Unfortunately, I do not have a before picture.
Nancy painted the frame of the chair with French Linen Chalk Paint and then I applied clear and dark wax before upholstering.
Nancy and I went to our local fabric store and picked out this fun, linen, zebra-striped fabric.
I cut the fabric pieces for the front, back, and seat and then I procrastinated upholstering it for over a month. I am not always confident with my upholstering skills and sometimes I put off working on projects that intimidate me. I would love to find the time to take an upholstery class to learn more. I do not know how to make double welting yet, so for now I used natural, linen-colored gimp to cover up the upholstery staples.
Upholstering this chair was easier than I anticipated and my mom's pneumatic staple gun, no doubt, helped immensely.
This post is linked to the parties on my sidebar.