Next, Mr. Rubbish spray painted the lamp bases and metal stands to match because they were old and dirty looking. When he took the lamp apart to paint it, he accidentally broke off a small piece of metal inside where the lightbulb goes. He didn't think it was important until he put it back together and tried to turn it on. When we plugged it in and turned the switch, it made a bzzzzzzing sound and all of our power went out. Luckily we didn't get shocked and from now on I think I will always rewire my old lamps first. Mr. Rubbish is a rewiring expert, so I let him do the work.